Friday, June 20, 2014

Small Flambe Glaze Cup

 This small red, green and earth tones glazed bowl is my first studio pottery piece in my small collection of studio pottery.   I think it's Flambe glaze, but I'm not sure.

While out hunting for Asian art & antiques one day, I ended up buying this small flambe glazed bowl at a local thrift shop thinking it was of Chinese origin, however, I can't ascertain whether or not that's the case, nor can I identify its maker or date of production.  I posted photos of it on a forum for Chinese ceramics and was told that it's studio pottery, but for all I know it could even be a current mass produced ceramic product commonly sold in junkware outlets like Pier 1 Imports or Wal-mart.


Flambe Glaze Studio Art Pottery

Flambe Glaze Studio Art Pottery

Flambe Glaze Studio Art Pottery

Flambe Glaze Studio Art Pottery

I just recently begun collecting studio pottery, and although  currently have a small collection, I hope to learn more and continue to grow my collection of studio pottery, which of course I will document here on this blog and share photos of the various pieces I find.

No comments:

Post a Comment